$40.00-for license (includes 1 certified copy)
$6.00-for each additional certified copy
$5.00-for basic photocopy
- Both applicants must be present to apply (Duchesne County Clerk's Office - 734 North Center Street, Duchesne Utah)
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must present valid picture ID
- Full names, including names at birth if different than current name
- Social Security numbers, unless the applicant has not been assigned a number
- Permanent addresses
- Date and place of birth (Town/City, County, State or Country)
- Complete names of parents, including the maiden name of the mother
- Birthplaces of parents (State or Country)
- If this is a 2nd, 3rd, etc. marriage due to divorce, on the application you must provide a date that the divorce from a previous marriage was final. If the divorce was finalized within the last 6 months, you must bring court documents showing the divorce is final
- If both the bride and groom are over age 18, only valid drivers licenses or Utah State identification cards are required.
Minors ages 16-17
Must appear accompanied by parents or legal guardians. In the case of divorced parents, the parent must provide proof of guardianship (court papers) that will be attached to the application. Parents or legal guardians must give sworn consent in person at the time of the application.
Minors ares 14-15
A Petition for Authorization to Mary and Court Order form must be obtained from the Clerk/Auditor's office and taken to a juvenile court judge. The minor must be interviewed by the juvenile court judge to determine if the Minor is willingly entering into the marriage.
Consent from a parent or legal guardian is also required. Parents or legal guardians must give sworn consent in person at the time of application.
First cousins ages 55 or older may marry if the district court in the county where they reside finds that either person is incapable of reproduction.
First cousins 65 years of age and older may marry.
Who is Authorized to Perform Ceremonies
Marriages may be solemnized by the following persons only: ministers, rabbis, or priests of any religious denomination who are in regular communion with any religious society and 18 years of age or older; native american spiritual advisers; the Governor; the Lieutenant Governor; mayors of municipalities or county executives (including county commissioners); a justice, judge, or commissioner of a court of record; a judge of a court not of record of the State; judges or magistrates of the United States; the county clerk of any county in the State, if the clerk chooses to solemnize marriages; the President of the Senate; the Speaker of the House of Representatives; or a judge or magistrate who holds office in Utah when retired, under rules set by the Supreme Court (Utah Code 30-1-6)
List of Marriage Officiants
Duchesne County Justice Court
Altamont Town Mayor
Duchesne City Mayor
Myton City Mayor
Roosevelt City Mayor
Tabiona Town Mayor
Obtaining a Copy of a Marriage License
After a Marriage License has been returned to our office, a certified or regular copy may be obtained from us.
A certified copy is a legal document. It is stamped and sealed as if it were the original document. Certified copies are required to change names through the Social Security Administration or Driver’s License. Insurance companies may also require a certified copy. The Clerk's Office will mail you one certified copy at no charge for your records. An additional copy can be purchased in person or by mailing a request with a check or money order for the correct amount to the address listed below.
A mailed request should include the following information:
- Name of the applicants with the name used by the bride at the time of application
- Date and place of marriage
- Marriage license number if possible
- Fee of $6.00 for a certified copy or $5.00 for a regular copy
If you are not certain that a license was purchased in Duchesne County, you may call the Clerk's office at (435) 738-1100.
For information on changing your name through the Social Security Administration, please call 1-800-772-1213 or TTY 1-800-325-0778.
For Information on changing your name through the Drivers License Division call (801) 965-4461 (SLC) or (435) 722-3448 (Roosevelt) or (435) 781-8629 (Vernal).